Here you can find upcoming public events with Child Rights Connect’s Secretariat involvement. In addition, you can find updated information on the sessions and pre-sessions of the UN Committee on the Rights of the Child.
SIDE-EVENT AT THE ANNUAL MEETING OF CHAIRPERSONS OF HUMAN RIGHTS TREATY BODIES: IMPLEMENTING THE TREATY BODY REVIEW 2020 – WHERE DO WE STAND
1 June, 2022 @ 6:15 pm - 7:45 pm UTC+0
This side event at the 34th Annual Meeting of Chairpersons of the Human Rights Treaty Bodies, co-organized by the Geneva Human Rights Platform, the Office of the UN High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR), the Commonwealth Secretariat, TB-Net and the Permanent Mission of Switzerland to the UN in New York. represents an opportunity for all stakeholders to take stock of the decisions taken by treaty bodies (TBs), OHCHR and member states, following the recommendations contained in the Report of the co-facilitators on the state of the UN human rights treaty body system.
The panel and open debate will discuss the implementation status of these decisions and recommendations, unpacking their significance for strengthening the TB system. By applying a multi-stakeholder perspective, this event will assess core topics currently under review, including the development of a predictable schedule of reviews, aligned working methods and digitalization.
13:15 – 13:20: Welcome and Introductory Remarks
13:20 – 13:45: Update on the status of implementation of the recommendations issued by the Report of the co-facilitators and suggested next steps
13:45 – 14:45: Open Discussion
- Felix Kirchmeier, Executive Director, Geneva Human Rights Platform (GHRP)
- Rosemary Kayess, Chairperson, Committee on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities
- Victoria Sulimani, Ambassador/DPR Political Affairs, Permanent Mission of Sierra Leone to the United Nations in New York
- Antti Korkeakivi, Chief, Anti-Torture, Capacity-Building, Coordination and Funds Section, Human Rights Treaties Branch, OHCHR
- Christen Broecker, Deputy Director, Jacob Blaustein Institute for the Advancement of Human Rights
ON UN WEB TV
GET READY: OUR RESEARCH BRIEF ON THIS ISSUE
Our new Research Brief Implementing the TB Review 2020 – Where Do We Stand provides a comprehensive summary of the key decisions taken and recommendations given by all relevant stakeholders – TBs, the Office of the UN High Commissioner for Human Rights and member states – in implementing the recommendations of the TB Review 2020 process.