The 2024 edition of this UN Human Rights Council’s annual event will take place on the 14th March 2024 in Geneva and discuss children rights and inclusive social protection.
On the 14th March 2024, from 11:00 to 17:00 CET, The Palace of Nations in Geneva, home of the United Nations Office, will host the 2024 edition of UN Human Rights Council’s Annual Day on the Rights of the Child (ADRC), where States, United Nations representatives, children and more will meet to discuss challenges and opportunities concerning children’s rights and inclusive social protection. It will also be possible to follow the discussions online.
This year, the Annual Day will be organized in 2 panels with different themes:
- The Morning Panel will focus on the Rights of the child and inclusive social protection.
- The Afternoon panel will discuss Child rights mainstreaming in the United Nations
In both panels, there will be child participation so please read here our Guidance Note for States to remind them about the process of child participation. We also encourage any other participants to join in the enriching discussions.
Please also see the documents below as preparation for the Annual Day:
- Child Rights Connect’s joint position paper on inclusive social protection written with our members Hope and Homes for Children, Save the Children, Make Mothers Matter and Terre des Hommes International Federation
- The report on the Rights of the child and inclusive social protection for which our 2023 Children’s Advisory Team was consulted and that has been presented at the 53rd session of the Human Rights Council
- The child-friendly version of the report